Other site of Huntsville Information
Old Town Huntsville
Old Town was incorporated into the city in 1843. By 1861, approximately 25 houses were present in the roughly 100 acres that make up Old Town. In 1871, the east part of Old Town was incorporated into the City of Huntsville as the East Addition and Walker was opened to development.
This site has always been an active construction project of archiving Huntsville’s History and is old running website preserving history of Huntsville area. Huntsville Rewound can also be found on Facebook as well.
Huntsville-Madison County Historical Society
The members of the Historical Society are dedicated to preserving the past to enrich the future through local education and preservation. The Society meets quarterly at the Huntsville Public Library and visitors are always welcome to attend.
Facebook Links of Huntsville History